Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Stalking Penelope Cruz for homework

 

Soo I did some more Spanish today. Actually some Lit coursework as well. The entire morning I spent doing coursework, got grumpy it was afternoon. To get my mind off being grumpy I watched a Spanish movie; which is part of my "syllabus". (Notice how I don't waste time. Haha)
My Unit 4, A Level Spanish paper has a research based essay in Section C. You can choose from 5 options in advance what essay topic you want to do.Its like coursework except you present you final in a time paper.

Penelope_cruz_volver_large 
I chose Literature and Arts. I didn't think about the implications in terms of language when I did that. Hehe..I was just excited about doing a novel or a film. I chose Como agua para chocolate, but after reading it for my diploma course, I decided not too! It is a very hard to read novel because of all it Mexican terms, it complicates the whole thing a 100 times more. Sooo I chose a movie by Pedro Almodóvar called

VOLVER
  
The movie features the infamous and super pretty actress Penelope Cruz, her sister Lola Dueñas, Yohanna Cobo as her daughter, Carmen Maura as her mother and Blanca Portillo as 
neighbour in her village home. 

 



I am too tired and lazy to do a review right now. So I am putting a brief post together. Maybe I shall add to it later. The movie is very colorful and the directing is amazing! The movie has suggestive content..lol. If you get it that is. Otherwise its a everyone who speaks Spanish or can download get a version with subtitles. If you do, and you like colors and interesting story then you totally must.
It got people at home and in school, who don't speak Spanish, hooked!
So its a you-should-definitely  watch it.
 Tumblr_lher4o31wj1qg8qoro1_500_large
If you, just like me are watching this for your A level exam paper.
Here is a very VERY VERY useful link for you. Its a guide designed for A level students to use for studying for the paper. Its a series of pretty worksheets made by a Uni professor.

An interesting webpage.Be warned you need Flash Player 7 to actually access the cooler site. 

The movie has a beautiful Flamenco sound Penelope Cruz lip syncs too! :D
Its beautiful, according to some brisk Googling the singer is Estrella Morente.

P.S. Have you noticed how extremely pretty and hot Penelope a.k.a Raimunda is in the movie!
Her wardrobe= bright colors and floral prints
 

Her footwear= pretty jute high platforms
  

 
Make up= so pretty, her eyes and pink lips! <3
 
Her hair-do= <3
Her jewelery= Gold and the same throughout!
Tumblr_lhepv8cmfb1qg8qoro1_500_large 

♪ You know which song I'm humming..

 Fotoshoot1_large

No comments:

Post a Comment